|2nd Season, Episode 89th|
Tiny Loves Flowers
Rainy Day Fight
Buddy Explores The Tyrannosaurus is the 89th episode of the dinosaur train.
Buddy, an adopted T. rex, wishes he knew more about his T. rex ancestors. So, Dad takes him and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train back to the early Cretaceous, to visit an ancestor: an earlier version of Tyrannosaurus rex called Raptorex. Rodney Raptorex is a kid who won’t grow up to be as big as Buddy will, but the two boys find that they not only have a lot of differences, they have a lot in common, too.
- Mrs. Pteranodon
- Dilong (illustration and mentioned only)
- Sinotyrannus (only in illustration and mentioned)
- Alioramus (only in illustration and mentioned)
- Guanlong? (only in illustration and mentioned)
- Eotyrannus (only in illustration and mentioned)
- Albertosaurus? (only in illustration)
- Daspletosaurus (only in illustration)
- Gorgosaurus? (only in illustration)
- Tarbosaurus or Nanotyrannus (only in illustration)
- Cretaceous Period
There were many other types of tyrannosaurs that came before T. rex. And many of these species died out before Buddy’s time. The giant T. rex evolved from ancestors that were small-bodied, long-armed, covered with feathers, and not much bigger than Velociraptor.